Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Trip to Hell

Instead of working this morning, I'll be taking a trip to hell.

I have the fricken cashier at Barnes & Noble to thank for it. I was totally oblivious to the fact that I needed to pay a visit to hell until she rang me up, I swiped my card, and she asked to see my driver's license.

I handed my license to her like I've done with every other cashier for the past four and a half months. It was then that she asked, "Do you know that your license is expired?"

I looked at her like she was out of her mind. I said, "What?!" took a look at my license and sure enough, it had expired on my birthday back in November!

Why didn't I get a renewal in the mail? Oh, that's right...because I moved two years ago and never updated my address.

So off I go on my trip to hell...the dreaded DMV.

Photobucket

17 comments:

My Mercurial Nature said...

I hope you make it out alive! That place is a nightmare!

Housewife Savant said...

Hallmark should have sympathy cards for license renewal.

Who DOESN'T love that?

Daffy said...

Oh mercy me...I've got 6 weeks until mine is expired. I am NOT looking forward to that trip. Hope yours went smoothly. If it didn't, I'll expect a post on it ;O)

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

HAHAHA. I wrote a whole post on this because I did the same thing...and I did not make an appointment and had to wait in the humongous line that went out the door and around the corner of the building. But you know what? It only took a little over an hour! Shocking. Besides, sitting in the DMV waiting room is like the cantina scene in Star Wars.

Frugal Vicki said...

Hey! I am a November baby too! I am hoping that in 2013 they will allow me to use the same picture still. It was taken the day after my honeymoon. I looked, shall we say....SMOKIN'. Sigh, now I would just look like a soccer mom

Red Writer said...

I'm always afriad I'm going to do that! Hope your visit to hell was an in and outter. :)

Diwakar Sinha said...

DMV. wat's dat?
getting that its nt supposed to be a very nice place to be n ol

*LLUVIA* said...

Hi there!

I hate going to the DMV!!
but guess what?
I found you through 6 Degrees of Blogging! You are being featured on my blog today!
you can go here to read it:
http://iwaitforthatday.blogspot.com/2010/03/6-degrees-of-blogging.html

Julia said...

stopping by from 6 degrees of blogging!!

Julia
www.workwifemomlife.com

Kat said...

You have an awesome sense of humor. I'm now a follower! Stopping by through 6 Degrees of Blogging!

Adrienne said...

stopping by from the 6 degrees of blogging.... Great bog =)

www.adriennetellsall.blogspot.com

Robin said...

Wow..are you still at Motor Vehicle..?..Lol

Mrsblogalot said...

Is there nothing worse than the DMV? Poor thing.

JennyMac said...

Oh no. Hopefully you took a book to read. AND you are not still there. LOL.

ethelmaepotter! said...

Oh Lordy, HELL it is! Better take along a couple of good books, maybe some knitting, and a Game Boy might be a good idea, too!

~J said...

That IS a true trip to hell!

Hookin you up w/ a lil sumpin sumpin: http://boobiesbabiesblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/dear-so-and-so-some-award-lovin.html

Busy Mom in Iowa said...

Good luck, I hope you don't have to take a test to renew it!