I’m PMSing again, but I've been doing a pretty good job so far keeping myself in check. Although the crazy thoughts are there, reading over my list of things to remember when I’m PMSing is helping me keep my sanity.
I thought I’d share a few of my reminders in case some of you are also experiencing a little hormonal discord today.
Things To Remember While PMSing
1. Yes, they are “your” children. There was not a mixup at the hospital.
2. You wanted to marry him. You were not drunk, drugged, brainwashed or desperate at the time.
3. Duct tape is to be used on household items only, not on your kids, husband, cats, dogs, or the religious people that knock at your door.
4. It is illegal to sell children (yes, even on Ebay).
5. The dirty dishes go in the dishwasher, not in the trash. The trash goes in the trash bin outside, not in your neighbor's yard.
6. Your husband is not purposely trying to annoy you. Talking, eating, smiling and breathing is his normal everyday behavior.
7. You are not on a TV show that plays practical jokes on people. This really is your family and there is no hidden camera.
8. If your pants are tight, it is just normal premenstrual bloating. You are not the size of a pregnant elephant.
9. If your breasts are hurting, take some Tylenol or Motrin. This will work better than duct taping the sofa pillows over them.
10. You are not crazy, demented or possessed. You just have PMS.
2 months ago