Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Things I'm Really Good At

First and foremost, I apologize to each of you for my absence over the last few weeks. Geez, it's been so long I think it's PMS time again. To tell you the truth, I've lost track. But that's just because I've been dealing with some medical issues and the drugs they have me on not only screw with my memory, they have caused me to bump into the walls in my house so often that I now tell the walls, "We've got to stop meeting like this?"

But don't worry, it's nothing serious. I'm going to live. I've just been busy trying to get the issue resolved so that I can go back to my normal life of working, working, working, yelling at my kids, PMSing, and giving my husband a hard time. Actually, my hubby has been such a sweetheart through all this, I don't know if I'll ever be able to get mad at him for anything again (okay, we all know that's not true, but it's a nice thought, isn't it?). In all seriousness, he truly has been the BEST hubby these past few weeks with taking care of me and everything else around here.

Now that we have that out of the way, let's get to today's post.

Have you ever sat back and thought about the things you are "really" good at? I took a moment today to do just that, and this is what I found:

1. I’m really good at being tired. In fact, I think I’m a master at this now. I am so good at being tired sometimes, I actually have to take a nap. I take my naps very seriously too. I have rules and everything. Even my kids have learned that if Mommy is sleeping, you don’t wake her unless you are bleeding or on fire.

2. My husband would probably tell you I’m really good at "leaving the dirty dishes for him to clean." But I actually would disagree with this and say that I’m really just good at "not getting around to doing the dirty dishes" myself. At least it works out well for the both of us, since he’s really good at getting around to doing them (as well as getting them nice and clean). I like to look at it as one of those opposites attract kind of things.

3. I’m also really good at telling other people what they should or should not do and why they are wrong. I really don’t mind giving advice and correcting people on the errors of their ways either. I like to look at it as my way of giving back to the world...my very own charity, if you will.

4. Another thing I’m really good at is creating piles of laundry. I have a dirty pile and a clean pile. When the dirty pile gets too big for my own liking, I wash everything. I then start building my clean pile as I unload everything from the dryer. Eventually, as I wear clothes from the clean pile, I slowly build up the dirty pile again. From there the cycle continues. It’s actually quite harmonious.

5. But the one thing I think I am really, really good at is singling out the stupid idiots in the world. I located one on the phone not long ago. I called into DirecTV because I was not able to order a Pay-Per-View movie through their online service. The lady on the phone told me she could order the movie for me over the phone but it would cost me an additional $5 for her to do so. I explained to her that it was not my fault that their online service was not working properly, so I did not think I should be charged. But she just simply told me that it would cost me an extra $5 for her to order the movie for me over the phone. I then tried using my skills in telling people what they should or should not do and why they are wrong. I once again explained that I had no choice but to call in to order the movie because their online service was not working, it was not my fault, and I should not be charged because that would be WRONG! Her answer was, "Ma'am, if you want me to order the movie for you over the phone, I will have to charge you an additional $5 to do so." So, I told the lady to forget it, let her know that she was a stupid idiot, and hung up the phone. What can I say? It’s a gift, I tell you.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Dual Mom said...

Amazing, I'm really good at all these things too! What are the chances?

Hope you're feeling better soon.

MaryRC said...

dual mom took my comment, WOW all three of us are alike, sisters we are!

Tania-Dreams2009 said...

Just came across your blog, love it! ;)

Tracey said...

You are quite funny! www.twochins.blogspot.com

Frugal Vicki said...

I think I may be your husband....at least you sound like mine