Monday, December 28, 2009

Jingle Blogs, Jingle Blogs...

I've been doing a bit of "jingle blogging" today, reading up on everyone's latest Christmas and after-Christmas postings. It's been quite fun.

One trend I have noticed is a lot of blogs having certain themes for certain days of the week. For example, Batcrap Crazy has a day she devotes to posting little, yellow post-it notes (which are really funny!). Katie's Corner now has a Wordless Wednesday, where she will now post only images or pictures instead of writing something. Speaking From The Crib (SFTC) has a lot of different themes devoted to different days or weeks of the month as well.

So this got me to wondering if I should come up with a theme and devote it to a certain day of the week or month. Maybe I could do something in honor of my unexpected periods. Perhaps I could follow alongside Katie's idea and just post a picture of my blood-stained underwear each time it happens.

I was thinking I could have a "Kill The Teenager" day, but that would be almost every day and it would be filled with way too many cuss words.(BTW...my teenage daughter knows EVERYTHING! It's true! Every time I say something to her, she says, "I know, Mom!" Even before I finish my sentence, she knows! It's fricken amazing! WINK! WINK!)

Of course, I do my best to post a blog each month when I'm PMSing, which basically could be considered "Bash the Husband" day, which is always fun (for me at least).

Anyway, just thought I'd pass along my random thoughts and observations today. I'm going to go back to my "jingle blogging" now. Perhaps I will find another great idea I can steal...I mean, borrow and give credit for.

Photobucket

17 comments:

qandlequeen said...

I've noticed the same trend and thought I could also create something cool and everyone could link to it to be part of my cool bandwagon.

Eh, too much effort and then I would forget it's Triple Boob Tuesday or whatever I came up with and then screw up the whole ordeal.

So let me know what you come up with and I'll try to play along. You can totally steal "Triple Boob Tuesday" as I probably won't do anything with it.

L said...

I'm like you...I know I'd forget and screw the whole thing up. Like I'm not busy enough already. Love the Triple Boob Tuesday...has a nice ring to it..so does Triple Shots Thursday. I can post something about an hour after downing 3 shots of some type of alcohol, then have a contest to see who can find the most typos! By George, I think I'm onto something!

(BTW...thanks for stopping by.)

L

Katherine (a.k.a. Katie) Corrigan said...

Holly Crap L, you crack me up! Thanks for stopping by my blog Katie's Corner and leaving a comment. I'm happy you like the idea of "Wordless Wednesday" join me... I just hope you don't start posting dirty undies.LOL!
Wishing you happiness and no cramps. Hugs! Katherine ( aka Katie)

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Hey Lady, thanks for stopping by! I grabbed your button as well! I heart your blog! Looking forward to your posts!!!!

FranticMommy said...

I like how you think! I've always wanted to do Whine & Biotch Wednesday...but I was afraid I'd drive everyone away. Then I thought I'd start of new trend of Stinkin Saturday and see how many people I could encourage to "save water" and skip showering for a day. My family overruled me on that one. Foiled again :(
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Daffy said...

Wowsers! you mentioned me by name!!! I jumped on the post it note bandwagon that Supah Mommy hosts. I liked it because I'm totally addicted to post its in real life! Plus, I really get a kick out of typing It's Tuesday - Stick it!

It's therapeutic! Since I'm such a follower I've jumped on a few bandwagons for weekly posts. It helps me focus my randomness. If you decide to start something, let us know! I'd love to pimp you...

ethelmaepotter! said...

I've thought about doing a regular weekly feature, too, but have enough troule posting ONCE a week. I do, however, love it when you do your monthly husband bashing - can't we all identify with that?

adrienzgirl said...

You are soooo much fun. I am working through my jingle blogs right now too! WOWZERS, there were a lot of them.

I too play some of the themed post. I have my own for Wednesdays. WTF? Wednesday and every other Friday or so post Friday Follies and Fun Facts which is basically useless factoids that have no relevance to anything important. Just simply useless knowledge that makes me laugh.

Frugal Vicki said...

I am looking forward to your "unique" weekly idea!

Mad Woman said...

Ohmigod you're hilarious! I came over from Think Tank and you made me giggle in the first couple sentences. I'll definitely be back.

Dual Mom said...

I have no doubt you could come up with something that would have us rolling in the aisles with laughter.

I'd play along!

Working Mommy said...

Um...hello!!! Where have to BEEN my whole blogging life (which hasn't been long)?! I love your blog...and am now a follower!

~WM

Anonymous said...

nice blog..................................................

Robinsgothealth.com said...

Ok, so I love your motorcycle. Do you ride? cute page you have here!!

Yours in Health,
Robin

L said...

Okay, I thought of another one. I can post a picture of my teenage daughter's messy bedroom each week and call it Messy Mondays. Or...Toilet Tuesdays, where I can post a picture of the backed up toilets from whatever it is that comes out of my kids...I'm beginning to think they crap large opossums. I'm telling ya, I'm filled with ideas on this one!

JennyMac said...

This cracked me up...kill a teenager day..my Mom would have loved some of that back in the day. lol. And I love Supah's Stick It Tuesdays. Everyone who posts make me laugh.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.