Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 29 again...can you believe it? (Okay, don't answer that question.)

It is because of my birthday that I am forced to sit in my chair today and hammer out lots of work. I would blame my hubby and Happy Hour Somewhere (Kat) for taking me out Friday night to get an early start on my birthday celebration, but we all know it was because I drank like a sailor. (Hey, the kids were at their other parent's house for the weekend and a woman needs to take her mommy hat off every now and then.)

My mom reads my blog, so I can't tell you that I woke up sometime in the early morning hours on the bathroom floor. She would probably think I need to go to AA, but in reality, it's just proof that I don't get out much and I was in need of a good time. So, I'll keep that tidbit of information to myself.

My husband also reads my blog, so I can't tell you what I did to him while parked in the driveway after we got home that night. He thinks certain things need to be kept private, so I won't mention a word about that either.

It was because of all the fun I had Friday night that my well-thought-out plans to get a lot of work done over the weekend never made it off the drawing board. So here I will sit for the rest of the day banging away at my keyboard, probably until the sun goes down. But I am prepared, as I have stocked my desk full of food and water. The only time I will have to get up is when I need to use the toilet (we are actually best buds now after Friday night).

Birthdays can be fun, but believe me when I say, I ain't 29 anymore.

Photobucket

14 comments:

L said...

No sure what happened to the comments section when I first post this, but seems to be working now.

adrienzgirl said...

I thought about turning 29 repeatedly, but then, at some point, you know that people are going to start saying things like, "She is sooooo not aging well." So I decided to continue with the age roll.

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

Happy Birthday, L~! I had a blast on Friday but paid the price on Saturday and a little bit on Sunday. You can blame me if you want, but I think Scooby Doo had more to do with it.

Adrienzgirl...I never thought of that, dang it. When I tell people I'm 52, I get the, "Wow, you don't look that old." thing which I still haven't decided is a good thing or not. I take great comfort in the Wow part of that statement though.

Moooooog35 said...

Gonna be fun when your husband reads this and says, 'honey..I went directly into the house after we came home and said 'hi' to our neighbor, Roger.'

The Peach Tart said...

Happy Belated Birthday and glad you enjoyed it.

kys said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had fun!

ethelmaepotter! said...

Okay, I really wanta know what Mom and Hubs have to say about this.
Happy Birthday!

Tiffany said...

happy birthday. i recently celebrated 29+1...definitely not 29 anymore.

love your blog...new follower!

A Real Housewife said...

Me and the bathroom floor have spent many a night together.....every time I wake up wondering where the heck I am!! oh goodness....

L said...

I am thankful my husband was thoughtful enough to cover me with a blanket and tuck a pillow under my head. If it hadn't been for the cats meowing at me from under the door, I might have slept there all night.

Frugal Vicki said...

seems to me that banging of some sort seems to be a theme. Maybe it is just me......Happy 25th birthday! Yes, I said 25, if you look like that at 29, I am 80

TONI B. said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you had a great day :)

Two Normal Moms said...

Happy Belated! Hope you did eventually get some work done :-)
***Ally

Momma Fargo said...

LOL! I hear ya!