Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Are We Done Yet?



For some of us, this video is way too close to our own sex life. He’s giving it his all and she’s just wanting him to be done already. And who can’t relate to all the grunting he’s doing? I’m sure there’s some woman out there who can close her eyes while listening to the video and say, “Yep…that’s Earl, alright.”

So why exactly is it that often times our men want it and we just want it over with?

I think one of the most obvious reasons is that by the end of the day, us women are just plain old tired. Between work, kids, housekeeping, and all the other things in our lives that want a piece of us, we often have nothing left in us by the time we climb into bed each night. For a lot of women, the idea of having sex at that point is a lot like the thought of undergoing an audit by the IRS.

Another reason we don’t feel up to stripping down to nothing and bumping uglies is because we’ve gotten into a rut and the act of sex with our man has just become plain boring. It’s a lot like watching your favorite movie over and over again. No matter how much you liked it in the beginning, it’s not as enjoyable now that you know what’s going to happen next. This is the same reason a lot of us rely on the fake orgasm. It’s like a fast forward button that helps get us to the end a lot quicker.

But I think the most common and overlooked reason for us women has to do with how we feel about our man emotionally. A lot of times it is just the simple fact that our man has not done much during the week or the day to help us feel connected to him. Instead of taking the time to pay us a few compliments, give us some undivided attention and affection with no sex strings attached, or putting in a little effort each and every day to let us know just how special we are, he gets lazy and just assumes we know. If our men were to put in even half the effort they put into the things that are a priority in their lives, whether it be their job, sports, or some hobby, I’m sure there would be a lot more “Who’s your momma?” going on.

A lot of experts would tell you to talk to your man about your feelings. But, I’m no expert. So my advice to you ladies out there is this: the next time you climb into bed and hear the words, “You wanna do it?” think of this video. It just might be the motivation you need to answer “yes” and may be the reason you actually enjoy yourself, simply because you can’t help but to think just how much your man resembles that grunting turtle.

3 comments:

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

I know it turned me on when my ex would just do things because they were nice to do and helpful.For some reason, it is sexy when a man helps give the kids a bath and put them to bed. Lovingly with all his attention directed towards his kids. Or when he did something nice for his wife just to do something nice for her. It was like making love to her mind first.

And those damn turtles are hysterical. I bet she is imagining the next time she has to go to the turtle grocery store and what she needs.

ethelmaepotter! said...

Oh, this post speaks straight to my heart! You have hit the nail right square on the head. Everything you said is just so REAL, so true. And I thought I was the only woman in the world who felt this way!
I followed you here from Happy Hour Somewhere, and I love your blog. Signing up to follow now.

Anonymous said...

Oh my... that was so hilarious!

Was that the sound the turtle relly makes? I could hear the faint giggling from what I am sure was a woman in the background, but thought maybe a man was giving his own sound effects while filming.

In any case, I was glad to read this and the other posts to know that I too am not alone. So true is the fact that any nice deed done by my man (rubbing back, aching feet, etc.) usually DOES seem have sexual strings attached which then usually makes me feel less interested.

Yes, I agree, sometimes it does feel like an IRS audit (not that I've had one), but nice analogy! I wish my man would try to be a bit more romantic sometimes and do something to spice things up.

Thanks for another funny and insightful post!